JDR Cable Systems Ltd. is a provider of bespoke subsea power cables, umbilical systems and reeler packages for a broad range of applications to the offshore energy industry. JDR has an accomplished record of meeting client expectations and a commitment to life cycle customer service which makes JDR the global partner of choice to its customers. JDR is expanding rapidly with the current business level expected to double in the next two years. The company has international manufacturing locations in the UK, the US and the Far East.
The solutions provided by JDR Cables to its customers are complex and challenging. The solution developed involves sales, engineering design, planning, manufacturing and QA departments. Some of the components are supplied by external parties. The sensitive role that the solutions play for offshore energy companies require thorough testing of all components evidenced by certification, regulatory compliance and test documentation.
A SharePoint based documentation management system was required to:
- Meet the rapid growth of business by increasing productivity from existing resources
- Facilitate centralised project document control through project site based collaboration
- Integrate the working of sales, design, planning, manufacturing and QA departments
- Ensure availability of correct versions of documents during entire project life cycle
- Enable timely payment from customers